The Variety Pack Girls

Pebbles, Kali and Heidi

Friday, February 27, 2009

Smarty Pants.

Well, I take back EVERY single thing I said about Kali not wanting to please me. She had her very first private lesson with MaryKay to introduce her to agility equipment. Holy smokes, that little girl is smart as a whip! We brought out the clicker, I'd stand near an obstacle and she would work her tail off to figure out what I wanted! She offered jump after jump after jump, she also offered the A-frame, the tire and even the open weave-a-matics! The only thing we had to lure her into was the tunnel, but she picked up on that as well. She is such a good girl!

SO.. needless to say, little Miss Kali has just officially started her agility career. For now, we'll stick to private lessons to work her on the equipment more - as I know she still has her head issues with other dogs - but I'd like to get her into a group class next session. (this session starts this week, so it gives us 7 more weeks to work her in privates)

I have also finished her ILP paperwork and need to pick up the photos from Walgreens, then I'll be sending her paperwork in, so she can hopefully compete in AKC agility!

I still plan on taking her and Pebbles both to the dock, once our dock is built and we'll be seeing if we can get them to be DockDogs as well! :-)

Very exciting day... this weekend, we'll be going to the park (Tractor and Kali) to work some more basic stuff with her and some remote sits with Tractor. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment